Greetings!

We designed this site in order to keep in touch with friends and family who are far away and in order to communicate with other adoptive families from around the world.

When we first started researching this wonderful way to become a family we read everything we could get our hands on. Even though there are a lot of great books out there, nothing was as informative or touching as the blogs we found by adoptees, biological parents, and adoptive families. So we are writing this blog now in hopes of returning the favor. We hope that if you are dear to us you will enjoy keeping up with our adventures. If you are someone out there involved in a part of the adoption triad we hope you will find information and comfort here and provide us with some of your own!

If you would like to get in touch with us we can be reached at: becomingafamily@gmail.com
Feel free to stop by anytime. We're happy to share our family story.

Take care,
Brian and Rosemary

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Word from Brian

I haven't written lately, so I thought I'd make one of my rare contributions to the blog. The last time I wrote I was talking about our efforts at learning some Thai. Let's just say I know about as much now as I did then. Like Rosemary said, we had a hard month or so, and I couldn't quite bring myself to hit the books. But now I'm recommitted to the effort, and I'm going to be getting around to my "Thai word of the week" posts soon.

But I recently had a baby dream of my own - my first really memorable one. The dream didn't have much of a plot, but did have some very vivid images. I could see us with our son, and on our way to meet a daughter. And then a very clearly remembered vision of my holding her. I guess that's technically two dreams now in favor of our having a girl but we honestly just want our child, whoever he or she is. So, I had no dialogue or other people, or strange "baby rooms" like Rosemary's dream, but I woke up feeling very peaceful, and optimistic that everything's going to work out just fine.

I'm really starting to feel anxious about getting our referral. The wait has been interminable, as those of you who've adopted or are waiting can attest. I guess we've still just got time left to go, though. More time to work on our Thai, right? I'm sure that as we get swept up in the summer, and moving, my starting a new job, time will really start to fly by and we'll be there before we know it.

But for now, I'm missing you, Button, wherever you are.
Love,
Dad

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a sweet post. (and just the kick in the pants I need to get me remotivated).

blackbelt said...

That was SO sweet. sniff sniff!

Ellie said...

So sweet, Brian! Hang in there, Dad!