Greetings!

We designed this site in order to keep in touch with friends and family who are far away and in order to communicate with other adoptive families from around the world.

When we first started researching this wonderful way to become a family we read everything we could get our hands on. Even though there are a lot of great books out there, nothing was as informative or touching as the blogs we found by adoptees, biological parents, and adoptive families. So we are writing this blog now in hopes of returning the favor. We hope that if you are dear to us you will enjoy keeping up with our adventures. If you are someone out there involved in a part of the adoption triad we hope you will find information and comfort here and provide us with some of your own!

If you would like to get in touch with us we can be reached at: becomingafamily@gmail.com
Feel free to stop by anytime. We're happy to share our family story.

Take care,
Brian and Rosemary

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fantastic Lullabyes


We haven't bought anything for our baby yet since we don't know who we are expecting or when they will arrive.  I must confess though - this has been really, REALLY hard for me.  We agreed though that buying a bunch of stuff this early would probably be a logistical mistake.  Especially since we are moving in 8 months.  So instead I have been doing "research" online.  I don't buy anything I just find all the stuff I want to buy and then take copious notes.  I'm afraid that this is going to result in even more purchases further down the road but at least I am managing to keep my desire to "mommy-shop" in check for the time being. 

Anyway, I found something so cute I just had to share.  There is this great website called Rockabye Baby where you can find tons of fantastic albums which have all been put through the  lullabye treatment for baby.  So now when you rock your little one to sleep instead of listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" over and over again you can enjoy the familiar tunes of U2 .  

The website is designed very well.  You can listen to a clip of each song in preview before you order the album and the cover art is cute too.  So even though I am being a good girl and not buying anything right now I suspect that we will end up owning a bunch of these.  At the very least a nice cross section like The Beatles, The Eagles and Bob Marley.  

- Rosemary

3 comments:

Maci Miller said...

LOL. I started by just "researching" too. You see how that's working out! Good luck! I have been out of control lately. Fully stocked the cabinet today with kids stuff and bought the cutest "Snow White as a baby" doll today. They brought out all the Christmas stuff! What was I to do??? I got all teary eyed at the Disney store and ended up buying yet another thing that I really didn't need yet.

Chris and Terri said...

My advice - don't buy the first thing. It's kind of like Halloween candy for me - if I eat one piece, I want the whole lot. I haven't bought any clothes and I think that's why I don't buy all the clothes! So you guys are moving to Lexington in June? We are 1 hour away from Lex. And if you are 3 months behind us, it's very likely we could be in the same referral quarter as we've requested a girl and may have to wait longer for her. We'll definitely have to stay in touch! So what's that do to your Dossier? Do you have to update a home study or anything? Enjoying your blog!
Terri

Mireille said...

Wow, you are so good not buying anything! I don't know if I could do that....